Sunday, September 17, 2006

Intern Initiation ...PAINTBALL!
Most missions updates are filled with people holding starving children or distributing clothing to the poor...mine, on the other hand, is me geared up in camoflauge holding a massive paintball gun. Some ministry groups go on prayer retreats...we ran out in the woods and shot eachother. I suppose there is no team bonding like a good old game of paintball:) Looking back it seems that it was oddly appropriate preparation for us interns. Little did we know we would be thrown out into mass chaos and responsibility. There would be many things thrown our direction and we would be running around trying not to be taken out with simply being overwhelmed! The learning curve has been incredibly steep these first couple weeks as all of us were put in a position to lead things and people that are simply not our expertise. And yet there is no better way to learn than to be thrown into the midst of it. Just like paintball! I had never done it before but it didn't take long for me to figure out that it hurt to be shot and that the next time around I would duck, cover, run...whatever to keep from being taken down! In a similar way I have been learning within the internship program through my mistakes and failures. I have often said "I won't do that again." Thankfully, I am starting to get the swing of things by God's grace and yet everyday is loaded with new surprises and hurdles just to keep things interesting. God has been so good to bless my health as I haven't been sick at all. It has truly been a sweet time to learn and grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ with those that truly love Him. We are all being shaped and molded by Him and it is such an incredible blessing to see Him work in the lives of others. At the end of the day I can always see God's faithfulness and grace in my life and that is truly what makes it a joy to be here in this place that God has called me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sweet Friend! What a blessing to hear of your daily life - I will continue to pray for you and your ministry - I love you.-E

Unknown said...

p.s. I like your outfit =) I bet you were great at that game! How fun =)