Tuesday, August 22, 2006


What is an intern anyway?

In just a few short days I will be flying over the Atlantic to a far away land to the familiar castle, down the path from the sheep farm, in a little village known as Vajta. In Vajta I will be serving as an intern for the next year apart of the Calvary Chapel ministry "Reaching Europe." The last four months that I spent in Hungary I was a bible college student where I was able to receive, study, and soak in God's word. In this next year I will be serving practically by leading outreaches throughout Europe, meetings, prayer groups, as well as bible studies. I will live amongst the bible college students as a leader in the dorms, and will participate in the classes as a Teachers Assistant. A large portion of my time will be spent running a practical area of ministry such as house keeping or the coffee shop. Basically an intern is someone who is a student in the ministry. The eight other interns and I are given opportunities to minister to the students as well as serve in running the practical side of the ministry. I am so thankful for the opportunity to learn, serve, and grow in this next year and I look forward to being apart of what God is doing in Hungary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hello Sweet Friend! So great to get your email and to receive your postcard. Thank you.
Kel and I will be praying for you this weekend - as we know you will be traveling back to Hungary. Our time this summer was sweet - thank you for carving it out in your schedule. You, Melissa are one amazing friend and I praise God for all that you are and all the ways He's shaped you these past years ... what an honor it has been to walk beside you - to witness Christ in you and to share numerous cups of coffee and deep hearts to heart - those are things that count for eternity - you are fellowship to me. Thank you for being an open book - and for your realness. I pray that your travels are safe and that our God puts in you a tremendous amount of excitement in how you will be serving him this year - may your heart and your life be open and your expectations left in the US - Mel - I look forward to reading your blog and to staying connected via email and phone convos - Blessings, -e

Anonymous said...

Hi Sissa

Love you lots! I am holding up okay, did you get another position added on to your dorm steward role? Keep in touch love M